Monday 20 May 2013

Mexican Casserole

When I was doing my meal plan last week, I came across a recipe I forgot I even had for a Mexican Casserole. My boys love tacos, so I love finding variations on it so it doesn't get boring. I think the last time I made this recipe was when Kevin and I first started living together (so wayyyyy before kids.)

I think this will end up making it's way into our rotaion quite frequently since not only was it delicious and the kids each ate 3 bowls of it, it was super easy to make with a lot less mess than conventional tacos.

Mexican casserole

Ingredients

1lb ground beef
2 cups salsa
2 tbsp taco seasoning
3 cups crushed tortilla chips
2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup chopped tomato
14 cup chopped green pepper


1. Preheat oven to 350

2. In large skillet, brown beef

3. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning and simmer 20 minutes

4. Spread tortilla chips in greased 9x13 pan and spoon beef mix over chips


5. Spread sour cream over beef and sprinkle tomato and green pepper over top


6. Top with cheese


7. Bake 30 minutes



Enjoy!

2 comments: